The Wildcat Roars: Inaugural Edition, 8.19.2018

Wildcat Athletics Kickoff Cookout
A huge roar goes out to our White River Valley Boosters who put on a fantastic Athletics Kickoff Cookout on Wednesday night, 8/15.  Special thanks to Eleni Howe, Jeff Berry, Jennifer Stratton, Jim Hewitt, Lisa Southworth, and Willy Walker for all their efforts to make this event a success. Co-Curricular Director Sean Murphy debuted with an inspiring message challenging our student-athletes to strive to be their best self.  Coaches Shannon Palone and Alex Montano were back to meet with the XC team and Boy’s Varsity Soccer team. And we welcome Fred Deiffenbach as the new Girl’s Varsity Soccer coach.  About 90 student athletes and their parents came out to kickoff our new Wildcat Athletic program.

White River Valley High gets its New Colors

Thanks to Jim Hewitt and his crew for doing a knockout job for the Green & Gold.  Shortly after summer started they repainted the gyms, the main entrance and a few other projects.  

South Royalton – WRVHS Transformation Team  IMG_4714

Lori Eggum and her team have done an amazing job managing an array of projects to transform SoRo into WRVHS.  Special thanks to custodian Kevin Moran and new custodian Darrell Colsen for all their hard work in the summer heat.  Sophomores Carder Stratton and Jake Berry also contributed to the terrific work this summer to get our school ready to re-open next week.  Credit to Danaher Floors for our refinished gym floors and contractor Bruce Tibbetts for our new Science Lab and retrofits of other spaces.   If you get the chance to personally acknowledge their work please do so.  Also do your best to appreciate their efforts by respecting our place.  

Student Retreat

Kudos to the 25 students who turned out over the summer for our two Student Retreats.  The combined six hours of thinking has gone a long way towards shaping the future of our new school…and training its new administrators!  Among the exciting decisions and work done has been the plan to have Morning Meetings at the beginning and end of each week. We’ll continue our work reconfiguring our student leadership structure and planning for great new traditions once school starts.  We expect this to be the beginning of a positive new school culture characterized by student voice and choice. Thanks to Co-Curricular Director Murphy, Guidance Counselor Hannah Glass-McShinsky, and teacher Tim Fitzgerald for their help facilitating our work.  

Enrollment: We’ve had many new students visit the school this summer to enroll. Including this one who stopped by after hours.

bear28jun189am

Thanks to Hoyt Bingham for helping to keeping our office staffed part-time this summer, while we completed the process of hiring a new office administrator.