Congrats to our Wildcats Soccer student-athletes for making this year’s VPA playoffs. Here is the latest information for you all about playoffs! (As of noon Monday 10/21).
- Our Varsity Lady Wildcats who are ranked 9th in D3 will travel to take on the number 8th ranked BFA-Fairfax Wednesday, 10/23 for a 3 PM start. The bus will depart at noon.
- Our Varsity Mens’ Wildcats who are ranked 6th in D4 will take on the 11th ranked Richford on Wednesday at 3 PM right here at White River Valley High School.
Thanks to all of you who joined us for our Open House two weeks ago. We hope you were able to get a taste of what your student’s schedule is like. The event also gave us a chance to officially open our new stage curtains for the first time. This year the music program features:
- Twice as many planned performances
- Formation of WRVHS Pep Band – The Wildcat Pride
- New Chamber Singers Ensemble
- New Drumline Ensemble – The WD
Plus we’ve seen a 200% increase in jazz band participation, a 40% increase in concert band, and a 44% increase in concert choir. Thanks to music director Josh Pauly and accompanist Dale Post for all their hard work and our first Wildcat Fall Music Sampler.
For a more in-depth look at your student’s learning and progress please join us on Wednesday, November 6th for our Parent Conferences. This will be the earliest opportunity for you to see your student’s Quarter 1 Report Card. For those of you who will be attending for the first time, teachers will be available at tables in our gym from 1:30-6:30 to meet individually with you. No appointments are needed; you can see as many of your student’s teachers as you like.
Finally I’d like to you share with you a short presentation I gave to our student body in Morning Meeting today. The presentation shares the value of a high school diploma in economic terms based on median personal income figures collected for 2015 by the US Census Bureau. I came across this data in presidential candidate Andrew Yang’s new 2019 book: The War on Normal People. His discussion of trends in the workforce expanded my thinking about the future facing our students.
Finally I’m going to sign off with some pictures of our girls’ soccer team that were shared with me by parent Jennifer Morse. If you come across pictures of our students or campus life, I’d love to be able to share them.